Thursday, November 22, 2012

Living with My Own Lewis Carroll

BuggaBoo has been really getting into onomatopoeias.  For examples:

-He likes the yolks of his fried eggs to be "jubily".
        "Please cook my eggs so the yolk is jubily!"
-If something takes a rounded form he refers to is as "plumpy". 
        "Mom, your bottom is really plumpy!"
        "Why is my pillow all plumpy?"
-Today he asked me to cook his Brussels sprouts "slimy".
        "I like it when you cook my Brussels sprouts all slimy.  Slimy and chewy."

It sometimes seems I'm in the middle of the Jabberwocky (where is my vorpal sword when I need it?), and it always brings a smile to my face.

So, quick.  Brighten your day and use an incredibly, if possibly made-up, descriptive word.  I'm sure you won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. I've got one in my back pocket always: squirgly.

    ReplyDelete