Saturday, August 3, 2013

Breakfast

I've been eating a low-carb diet for the past month, a hybrid of Primal and Atkins.  So far it's cleared up my migraines, heartburn, nasal congestion/post nasal drip, and possibly much of my anxiety.

And just because I wanted to document it, here's my breakfast smoothie for today:

First, grab a small mouth quart canning jar since your blender jar is dirty.

Add:

A handful of slivered almonds
A scoop of gluten-, dairy- and soy-free protein powder
Four eggs from our henny-pennies
A chunk of zucchini from our garden
A teaspoon of powdered wild greens I harvested from my parent's farm
Half an avocado
As much spinach as I could cram in
Water
Stevia powder
Orange flavoring

Liquify in blender, pause, add even more spinach.  Consume other half of avocado with salt first, because, AVOCADO!  Split smoothie with the one you love and drink until your stomach feels all stretchy.

And then get on with your day.  Me, I'm working on a sewing room make over.  Stay tuned for actual pictures next time!

2 comments:

  1. because, AVOCADO! is right! lol.

    For breakfast the other day i made this:
    http://everydaybloom.com/nanas-swiss-porridge-2/

    I did blueberries, almonds and pecans and steel cut oats. I added 4 raw yolks and then let the whole thing sit in the fridge for 24 hours to soak. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That porridge sounds amazing. I wonder if I could try that grain-free somehow.

    ReplyDelete