Yup, that about sums it up. BuggaBoo was in the hospital the 11th due to a swallowed bobby pin. Talk about scary! The best I can figure, since I didn't see it happen, is he was laying on his back playing with the bobby pin and it fell down his throat.
What I DID see was his choking and grabbing at something in this throat, his face all red and scared. Yeah, I started crying. He was still coughing so I was just waiting to see what would happen. Eventually he swallowed it down and started crying. He then vomited just a bit but there was blood in it. The Hubby, my older sister, and I were trying to figure out what he had choked on when my sister noticed that the bobby pin that had been on the floor was gone. I REALLY started freaking out and The Hubby tried to make me feel better by telling me BuggaBoo would just poop it out. I wasn't so sure about that.
I called the ER to see if I needed to take BuggaBoo in. I mean, what do you DO for a bobby pin? They didn't cover this in birth class. The ER lady said she couldn't give me medical advice over the phone. So helpful. I then called my mom and she told me to go in. Which, to my credit, I would have probably figured that out on my own but it's nice to have mommies to push you in the right direction.
We took BuggaBoo in, which was a ton of fun. He got an x-ray done, and indeedy he had a bobby pin in his stomach. The doctor wanted to let us go home and let him pass it, but at this point I was thinking more clearly and I knew I didn't want that to happen. I told the doctor that bobby pins can be very sharp if the rubber tips come off. She then said she didn't really know what a bobby pin looked like. Um, really? Thankfully she called Doernbecher to ask their opinion. Doernbecher set up an appointment for us to go in the next day to have the bobby pin removed.
The rest of the story later, it's time for a little girl to go to bed. Goodnight!
neon yellow and black gingham
30 minutes ago