Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm Crossing My Fingers!

I really shouldn't be posting this all over the internetz, I know I'm jinxing myself, but I just couldn't stop myself!

For the last four days I've been dosing my family with cod liver oil. We're using Nordic Naturals Arctic-D Cod Liver Oil, which I've since learned isn't the best you can buy. A better pick would be a high-vitamin cod liver oil, or even better better, a fermented cod liver oil.

Anyways, so we've been taking this stuff. It's not too bad, it's been stripped of all it's fishy flavor, so to me it's like swallowing a teaspoon of oil. Which I am, but it's not a pleasant sensation. BuggaBoo and Doozer take half a teaspoon and love it. BuggaBoo says it tastes like lemonade and Doozer cries when I put the bottle back in the fridge.

ANYWAYS, to the important part. Today the Hubby and I were running around town with the kids, having fun (since he turned 30 today, Happy Birthday!), when I noticed that something very familiar wasn't with us.

Doozer wasn't wheezing.

She hasn't wheezed all day.

So, yes, I may be jinxing the whole thing, I may need to knock on wood. But I hope this stays. She needs this to work.

It would be so wonderful. I'm so very excited.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not being paid to endorse any of these products. I am not a doctor, so you will need to consult an actual doctor to get official health advice. You may also notice that cod liver oil is not vegetarian, but that is for another day.

8 comments:

  1. Were you taking the cod liver oil to help with Doozers wheezing or was that a fun bonus? Honestly, I know nothing about it except that it makes ne think of Tom Sawyer.

    Happy birthday to your hubby! (won't doozer be one soon?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh, yeah. Ignore the thing about Doozer turning one. For some odd reason, I was thinking you guys and how you are doing when I realized, 'isn't doozer a march baby? She's turning one!' Apparently I'm a month off...err wrong end of the month. So, happy belated birthday to doozer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nica, no worries, I haven't given Doozer her birthday wishes online yet. Erg.

    We were taking the cod liver oil to help with BuggaBoo's teeth, since his teeth like to develop cavities. Vitamin A and Vitamin D help with mineral absorption.

    Also, the Vitamin D should help us all around since we live in the Pacific Northwest where the sun never makes an appearance. I want to see if it helps me with my blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did CLO for a while, nordic naturals - to help with goose's eczema. He did really like it. It didn't. But I do remember when his eczema vanished right after he turned three the delicious feeling that this might be the end, and the fear that it might not be. Hope your little one (and you) continue to breathe easy. Would that not be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So? Any word on if the CLO is still helping, or is it too soon to ask? I am really hoping that you have some kind of relief for your kiddos. If anyone deserves a break it is you Krista! Well, and Doozer too. That poor, sweet lady has had to struggle to overcome the wheezing for almost a whole year now! Oh--maybe it is also that you are into a new place--with no mold? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caoline, thank you! That's exactly how I feel. I'm glad your little Goose is all better with the eczema.

    Andrea, so far I haven't noticed any more wheezing. I'll keep an extra ear out today to see. And I am so grateful to be out of that moldy apartment. We found so much mold while we were moving, it was all over a lot of our furniture.

    I've upped BuggaBoo's dose to 1 1/2 tsp a day, Doozer gets between 1/2 and 1. I take a tablespoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's still not wheezing! Hurray!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am SO excited for you! still no wheezing and such a simple solution <3 <3

    ReplyDelete