Are you hungry now? Hungry for something delicious that uses up that questionable produce? Hungry for something that is easy to adapt to use that questionable produce? Hungry for a vague recipe?
This recipe is for you.
Oil-type food (olive, coconut, canola, etc.)
Onion-type food (garlic, shallots, leeks, or onions)
Carb-type food (cubed potatoes, mashed potatoes, cooked pasta, cooked grain, etc.)
Greens-type food (cabbage, kale, collards, bok choy, mustard, chard, beet tops, broccoli, etc.)
Protein-type food (cooked beans, tofu, seitan, rehydrated TVP, or for non-vegans, hard boiled eggs, cooked meat)
Seasoning-type food (tomato paste, season salt, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, etc.)
Optional Vegetable-type food (carrots, green beans, peas, bamboo shoots, etc.)
1. Put oil in pan of choice, add chopped onion-type food.
2. Add carb-type food if it needs longer cooking, like cubed potatoes. I like to nuke my whole potatoes for a minute or two to precook, ensuring full cooking in rapid time. If it's something like cooked pasta then add it later so it doesn't fall apart. If it's mashed potatoes add at the end of it all.
3. Add optional vegetable-type food if it needs longer cooking, like carrots.
4. Add greens-type food, protein-type food, and other optional vegetable-type food. Add seasoning-type food to taste. Cook together until greens are cooked to liking. If you're using broccoli as your greens then add them earlier than this stage.
5. Eat like the hungry animal you are. Raahr!
4 days ago