Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dust, Go To Sleep...







Doozer's first bath


Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.



BuggaBoo and Mommy, a few weeks before Doozer was born


Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.




Mommy and Doozer, a few weeks old


Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo



BuggaBoo, 2.5 years old


The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.



Mommy and Doozer, heading to a postpartum checkup

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.


BuggaBoo, having fun with Mommy's lipstick


- Ruth Hulbert Hamilton



Mommy, Daddy, BuggaBoo, and Doozer




1 comment:

  1. Ok Krista, you've done it again! I'm now a blubbering mess at my computer. But it's a good cry.

    I've always admired you as a mother and how much of you you devote to your children. You understand that they are truly a gift and must be treasured every single day.

    It beaks me heart to see parents so focused in their lives that they don't get involved with their children's lives...I want to shake them and tell them that they are *so* blessed to have their children with them and that they need to treasure them more.

    And...that's about all i have to say. Love you sis :)

    ReplyDelete